2012 was a great year for both Emperor’s College and for Oriental medicine in the United States. We collected the 12 most exciting developments in this blog post.
Thank you to the faculty, staff, students, alumni, patients and friends of Emperor’s College who have made this year so very special.
1. Added outstanding new faculty to the master’s program dedicated to student success, including Dr. Charles Hong-Beng Ang, MB, BS, Surgery (Burma) – Western medicine, Helena Zhang, PhD, LAc – herbs and qi gong, and Kimberly Woo, EdD, MTOM – research
3. Celebrated one year anniversary of our clinical externship at Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, increasing our activity from one to two shifts due to high demand.
4. Acupuncture included as an Essential Health Benefit in California, a legislative action supported heavily by Emperor’s College.
5. Featured on CNN Radio: Our Dean to the Master’s Program, Jacques MoraMarco, OMD, LAc, talked about the growth of Oriental medicine in the United States.
6. Celebrated one year anniversary of our stroke rehabilitation and dementia care acupuncture service at Emperor’s College Acupuncture Clinic.
7. Announced John Fang, MSOM, DAOM, LAc, as academic dean to the Doctorate of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine program.
8. Emperor’s College students traveled to Sri Lanka with OWHP to train MDs in auricular acupuncture protocols to help their community
9. Acupuncture won gold at 2012 Olympics
10. Achieved 100% pass rate on the California boards in February of 2012
11. Educated members of our community on the benefits of acupuncture at Hamilton High School, Abbot Kinney Festival, Grant Elementary School Fall Festival, and Leeza’s Place
12. Celebrated second anniversary of lunchtime ear acupuncture services at Emperor’s College Acupuncture Clinic
In all of our accomplishments throughout the year, we remembered Dr. David Migocki, Emperor’s College doctoral program director, mentor & friend, who passed away on February 29, 2012. His warm love and caring support will never be forgotten.
2012 accomplishments, 2012 review, acupuncture school, acupuncture success, study Chinese medicine